I'm not sure where I should begin but I know it's important that I begin somewhere. So at 1:34 a.m. when I should be asleep, once again, I'm up. Instead of watching t.v., I've decided to write. So why am I up? Hopefully along this journey, I'll be able to answer this question.
Last night I took a step towards getting my mind healthy again. It's hasn't been feeling well as a late. You see not only do I suffer from insomnia, I also suffer from depression. I've know this for years but back then, I dealt with it by drowning my sorrows and frustrations with alcohol. Thankfully, I don't do that anymore but now I'm faced with dealing with me.
I've become this person that I no longer recognize. I'm lazy some days, moody, feel high on life some days and like I can't or won't accomplish my goals on others, and yes, I've asked myself is it worth it? Would anybody even notice I was gone? Then those thoughts disappear... until the next time. I'm finally accepting that I need help. I can't do it all by myself. I'm dying to stay alive. Things have to change in me to get the me that I used to know back and to become a better me. I've got a lot of work to do and I'm ready.
SheSpeaks
#Insomnia #Sleeplessnights #selflove #depression #suicide #anxiety #grief
No comments:
Post a Comment